- Make fresh paste from onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, green chilli, turmeric
- Make dry spice mix with turmeric, cumin, coriander, Aleppo chilli, cayenne chilli
- Caramelise ½ coconut cream in heavy based pot until golden caramelised and the oil has split out
- Add fresh paste mix and cook out approx. 6-7minutes
- Add dry spice mix and cook out approx. 2-3minutes until aromatic and golden
- Caramelise palm sugar in the curry base
- Add tomatoes, stock and the coconut milk
- Add tamarind water to season only – be careful with sourness and strength
- Season curry
- Fresh chickpeas are always better. But if you don’t have time use a good quality organic tinned chickpea.
- If using fresh, soak overnight. Cook the next morning until soft, refrigerate until cooled.
- If using tinned, drain and wash well dry on paper towel.
- Fry cooled dry cooked chickpeas in canola oil at 170’c until crispy. About 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully drain through pasta colander shake excess oil off then immediately season with spice mix and salt. The seasoning sticks to the chickpeas better if there is some oil residue on the chickpeas
Garnish the curry with spring onions, crispy chickpeas.